The Service Manager is responsible for the general maintenance of the apartment community to include performing repairs, troubleshooting, apartment turnover, and performing preventative maintenance. This is an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced professional to be part of a dedicated team of A-players. This position will report to the Regional Service Supervisor.
• Work to ensure maintenance functions are performed properly and promptly.
• Ensure effective and timely follow up with residents, vendors and property management team on all maintenance services provided.
• Respond to all on-call emergencies in a timely manner.
• Complete and follow up on all open service tickets.
• Use of general maintenance equipment including but not limited to: hand tools, ladders, landscaping equipment and required safety equipment; all equipment must be utilized according to safety guidelines.
• Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features daily to identify required maintenance tasks, minimize liability concerns and ensure excellent curb appeal at all times.
• Participate in company education classes and meetings.
• Follow policies relating to but not limited to fair housing, OSHA, pool and safety standards set by the company.
• Other tasks or duties as assigned by the Regional Service Supervisor.
• Minimum of 2-years experience in apartment maintenance including basic electrical & plumbing diagnostics/repair.
• Be a team player in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
• Positive attitude & effective communication skills.
• Enjoy helping people.
• Have basic tools for the trade.
• Provide a valid driver license, and have reliable transportation.
• Have the flexibility to occasionally respond to 'off-hour' emergency situations and resident concerns.
• HVAC certification preferred (CFC Universal) 410 experience.
We offer a competitive pay rate plus bonus opportunities and a benefit package that includes: medical, dental, life and disability insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement plan.
We are seeking highly motivated, career oriented, individuals who function well in a team environment. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, passionate and accountable for achieving results. Working hard is an integral part of every successful SteelHead employee.